Monday, March 28, 2005

 

Happy Birthday to Me

Something cool for all of you out there...Will Carroll of Baseball Prospectus fame, and author of Saving the Pitcher and the upcoming book The Juice, has agreed to a Q&A/interview for this site, so if anyone has any ideas for questions then please comment on this post. The John Sickels interview should be coming up sometime in April as well, so any questions for that should also be sent here.

It is kind of a quiet day in baseball, and the weekend was uneventful. Maybe today is the day I can show you something quite silly, since I am too giddy to think straight considering its my birthday and tonight I get to see Queens of the Stone Age and be in the same room as Mark Lanegan and Josh Homme...I'm like a friccin' schoolgirl when it comes to my favorite musicians.

What do you think of the name Todd? My friend Andrew and I created the Team of Todd's a few years back after seeing a standup comedian denounce the name Todd as...well odd. Oddly enough, there were just enough Todd's to create a team in the history of baseball. The first edition required us to use people whose last name was Todd, but this time around when I revised it on a boring day (don't judge my life, it beat writing my paper for school) I actually had extra Todd's. Some serious Todd influx the last few years. I'm just going to shut up now, and hope my interviewees don't cancel their sessions based on my rambling today.

Field
C- Todd Pratt
1B- Todd Helton
2B- Todd Walker
SS- Todd Haney
3B- Todd Zeile
LF- Todd Hundley
CF- Todd Steverson
RF- Todd Hollandsworth
DH- Todd Greene


Bench
Todd Benzinger
Todd Sears
Todd Dunn
Todd Dunwoody
Todd Linden


4-man rotation (Rany Jazayerli would love me if he knew who I was)
#1 SP- Todd Stottlemyre
#2 SP- Todd Ritchie
#3 SP- Todd Burns
#4 SP- Todd Frohwirth


Bullpen
SP/RP- Todd Van Poppel
RP- Todd Worrell
RP- Todd Erdos
RP- Todd Fischer
RP- Todd Williams
RP- Todd Wellemeyer
CL- Todd Jones


Lineup
1) Todd Walker
2) Todd Pratt
3) Todd Helton
4) Todd Zeile
5) Todd Hundley
6) Todd Hollandsworth
7) Todd Steverson
8) Todd Greene
9) Todd Haney


The lineup isn't actually that bad if you look at 162 game averages for their careers or something to that effect. Really, Haney and Steverson are the only two who haven't had a real career, but with Helton, Zeile, Hundley, Hollandsworth, Pratt, and Walker, the lineup is actually pretty capable of scoring runs. Now what GM would be crazy enough to make a team entirely out of people named Todd? I don't even think Jim Bowden would do it. Maybe Bill Veeck, but sadly, his time is past. Get his son out of the minors and into a major league front office now. I realize I'm slightly out of my mind for spending time with this, but I bet Jayson Stark would appreciate the randomness of a post like this. By the way, for all your future Todd needs, visit here. I wonder what the best team you can devise out of one single first name is? I don't want to do it myself, please don't make me do it. I'll do my best to post something normal if news comes along later in the day.

Comments:
ALL DAVID TEAM

CF ROBERTS
LF DEJESUS
3B WRIGHT
DH ORTIZ
RF DELLUCCI
C ROSS
1B SEGUI
2B BERG
SS ECKSTEIN


3B BELL
LF KELTON
RF KRYNZEL
1B MCCARTY
UT NEWHAN
3B HANSEN

SP WELLS
SP BUSH
SP WILLIAMS
SP BORKOWSKI
SP BURBA

RP LEE
RP RISKE
RP ELDER
SU WEATHERS
CL AARDSMA
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?